Iowa Gamers Online
Hello welcome to the Iowa Gamers Online forum, please register to become part of the community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Iowa Gamers Online
Hello welcome to the Iowa Gamers Online forum, please register to become part of the community.
Iowa Gamers Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Simcity slated for March 5th release

2 posters

Go down

Simcity slated for March 5th release Empty Simcity slated for March 5th release

Post by igoMOTTZILLA Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:51 pm

The new, and much anticipated SimCity game is now listed as releasing in Feb 2013. Exclusive coverage of the multiplayer of this game will be shown at E3 this week.

Last edited by igoMOTTZILLA on Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:12 am; edited 1 time in total
igoMOTTZILLA
igoMOTTZILLA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Simcity slated for March 5th release Empty Re: Simcity slated for March 5th release

Post by igoDrMacro Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:16 am

PC Gamer got their hands on a demo of the new Sim City. Their first impressions were very good!

Simcity slated for March 5th release Sim-city-header-610x239

Simcity slated for March 5th release Simcity_005-610x343

From PC Gamer: I built a power plant on the East of my city, pumping out coal fumes. I’d turned the plant off to save money earlier, halving the bill of running it. All the factories nearby lost power and started panicking, closing down and so on.

Turning it back on was an experience. First, the workers leave their houses and drive to the plant. Once they’d arrived, and I selected it, I could see the blobs of power moving out along the power lines. In the air pollution overlay, a cloud started growing over the plant, being pushed eastwards by the wind. Soon, the factories lit up and their pollution started drifting that way too. This was merely the prevailing wind – the wind direction can change – but it was obvious to me that building residential or commerical zones to the East of this area was a very bad idea. Unless you were going for the “most sick population challenge.”

You can check out their full write up on the demo here: http://www.pcgamer.com/previews/simcity-hands-on-dirty-work/
igoDrMacro
igoDrMacro
Admin

Back to top Go down

Simcity slated for March 5th release Empty Re: Simcity slated for March 5th release

Post by igoDrMacro Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:22 pm

Great new video showing some basic gameplay and strategies!
igoDrMacro
igoDrMacro
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by igoMOTTZILLA Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:09 pm

This is on the list of games to get, glad they got rid of all the confusing water pipes and and power lines. Made it a hastle for new people to play.
igoMOTTZILLA
igoMOTTZILLA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by igoMOTTZILLA Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:07 pm

Want to get early access? Sign up for the closed beta here.
igoMOTTZILLA
igoMOTTZILLA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by igoDrMacro Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:19 pm

igoMOTTZILLA wrote:This is on the list of games to get, glad they got rid of all the confusing water pipes and and power lines. Made it a hastle for new people to play.
you're discussion with me today was that you were mad about this...
igoDrMacro
igoDrMacro
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by igoMOTTZILLA Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:52 pm

igoDrMacro wrote:
igoMOTTZILLA wrote:This is on the list of games to get, glad they got rid of all the confusing water pipes and and power lines. Made it a hastle for new people to play.
you're discussion with me today was that you were mad about this...

I wasn't mad I just said they are taking some of the sim out of it. I wish you had an option to do free running pipes though.
igoMOTTZILLA
igoMOTTZILLA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by igoMOTTZILLA Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:05 am

Release Date is now set for March 5, along with a permanent online system. Lets just hope is doesn't always crash like Diablo 3!!
igoMOTTZILLA
igoMOTTZILLA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down