Iowa Gamers Online
Hello welcome to the Iowa Gamers Online forum, please register to become part of the community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Iowa Gamers Online
Hello welcome to the Iowa Gamers Online forum, please register to become part of the community.
Iowa Gamers Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Awesome DayZ trailor

4 posters

Go down

Awesome DayZ trailor Empty Awesome DayZ trailor

Post by Admin Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:50 pm

Here is an awesome Day Z fan made trailer!!!!

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://iowagamers.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Awesome DayZ trailor Empty Re: Awesome DayZ trailor

Post by igoMOTTZILLA Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:56 am

That is sick.. so hard to believe how fast DayZ has blown up.
igoMOTTZILLA
igoMOTTZILLA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by igoStoozy Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:17 pm

This game looks Sic!
igoStoozy
igoStoozy

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:10 pm

so the 1.7.1 patch came out the other day, you no longer start with a gun or flares. this is gay...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by igoMOTTZILLA Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:33 pm

I think you start with a box of painkillers a bandage, a backpack, and a flashlight. This will help the bandit issue, at least when you you spawn. Who is going to want to kill someone with no ammo, food, or water. Also, the way I see it this bumps up realism a bunch. You are walking downtown, in your backpack you have a bottle of painkiller, flashlight, and maybe a Band-Aid. It does change the game so much, you must find food and water before you get off. When you log back in your hunger and thirst will be blinking and you will need both food and water, but now that we don't spawn you must find that before anything.
igoMOTTZILLA
igoMOTTZILLA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by igoDrMacro Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:10 am

No flashlight, 1 bandage, it sucks huge because you spawn and you have to creep into a town to get a gun, but you are completly unable to defend yourself. 1 zombie on you and game over. I wouldnt mind the idea if there was melee, but theres not.
igoDrMacro
igoDrMacro
Admin

Back to top Go down

Awesome DayZ trailor Empty update:

Post by Admin Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:59 pm

Awesome DayZ trailor Dayz
ok so there is apparetnly a flashlight, didn't notice one when i was playing but, looks like here was the update:
The 1.7.1 patch went live on June 17 and made some significant changes – not all of which were well received by the community. But since the game is at the alpha testing stage, new features aren’t necessarily permanent. “I do the hotfixes until the build is where I wanted it to be,” says lead developer Rocket on the official DayZ forums. “Then we test it. If we like it, we keep it, if not, we revert. That’s how it has worked and that is why we are here.”
Game updates

The 1.7.1 patch has made starting a new character much tougher, and has made the learning curve for new players even steeper. Here are some of the most significant changes.

– The starting loadout has changed dramatically. Newly spawned characters now only get a bandage, a flashlight, and a box of painkillers – no weapon.

– Infected can no longer see through walls, but they hit harder, can see further, and have an extended attack range. They’re a whole lot more dangerous.

– But to balance it out, you can now lose them. This may not work perfectly, but if you get spotted and don’t have a weapon, you now have an option to flee.

– If you move your crosshair over a character and they have low humanity, you’ll hear a heartbeat. The faster the heartbeat, the more people they’ve killed. This replaces the bandit skin.

Hotfixes

The 1.7.1 patch also broke a few things, so two hotfixes have since been released – one of which adds something we’ve all been waiting for…

– Melee combat! Crowbars and hatchets can now be used to fight off infected. They’re no match for a gun, but work relatively well.

– You can now choose the gender of your character when you spawn. This is purely a visual thing, and doesn’t affect the gameplay in any way.

– There was a problem with food and drink spawning, and suddenly they became the rarest loot drops in the game. This has been sorted out now. The bean wars are over.

Community

Rocket has made it clear that disconnecting to avoid death is considered cheating, and will be patched out in future versions of the game. “I don’t know why, but people are assuming that I think this is part of the game. It’s not. Meta gaming is explicitly allowed, i.e. infiltrating teamspeak servers and groups, etc. But disconnecting to avoid death is an exploit.”

If you spawn in a forest or field full of prone players, DON’T kill or loot from anyone. This is the debug forest, or debug hill, and spawning there usually means one of your files is out of date. “I’m here to address the issue with people killing other players when they join in the debug forest,” says DayZ team member Tonic. “This whole thing has gotten out of control so we’re going to start enforcing bans for all that are caught killing there.”

JP and Destiny become bandits!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by igoMOTTZILLA Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:40 pm

Admin wrote:Awesome DayZ trailor Dayz
ok so there is apparetnly a flashlight, didn't notice one when i was playing but, looks like here was the update:
The 1.7.1 patch went live on June 17 and made some significant changes – not all of which were well received by the community. But since the game is at the alpha testing stage, new features aren’t necessarily permanent. “I do the hotfixes until the build is where I wanted it to be,” says lead developer Rocket on the official DayZ forums. “Then we test it. If we like it, we keep it, if not, we revert. That’s how it has worked and that is why we are here.”
Game updates

The 1.7.1 patch has made starting a new character much tougher, and has made the learning curve for new players even steeper. Here are some of the most significant changes.

– The starting loadout has changed dramatically. Newly spawned characters now only get a bandage, a flashlight, and a box of painkillers – no weapon.

– Infected can no longer see through walls, but they hit harder, can see further, and have an extended attack range. They’re a whole lot more dangerous.

– But to balance it out, you can now lose them. This may not work perfectly, but if you get spotted and don’t have a weapon, you now have an option to flee.

– If you move your crosshair over a character and they have low humanity, you’ll hear a heartbeat. The faster the heartbeat, the more people they’ve killed. This replaces the bandit skin.

Hotfixes

The 1.7.1 patch also broke a few things, so two hotfixes have since been released – one of which adds something we’ve all been waiting for…

– Melee combat! Crowbars and hatchets can now be used to fight off infected. They’re no match for a gun, but work relatively well.

– You can now choose the gender of your character when you spawn. This is purely a visual thing, and doesn’t affect the gameplay in any way.

– There was a problem with food and drink spawning, and suddenly they became the rarest loot drops in the game. This has been sorted out now. The bean wars are over.

Community

Rocket has made it clear that disconnecting to avoid death is considered cheating, and will be patched out in future versions of the game. “I don’t know why, but people are assuming that I think this is part of the game. It’s not. Meta gaming is explicitly allowed, i.e. infiltrating teamspeak servers and groups, etc. But disconnecting to avoid death is an exploit.”

If you spawn in a forest or field full of prone players, DON’T kill or loot from anyone. This is the debug forest, or debug hill, and spawning there usually means one of your files is out of date. “I’m here to address the issue with people killing other players when they join in the debug forest,” says DayZ team member Tonic. “This whole thing has gotten out of control so we’re going to start enforcing bans for all that are caught killing there.”

JP and Destiny become bandits!

I'm going to say I like the change of having no weapon, to me it brings the appeal of the game into a pretty hardcore game. Flashlight is much needed, especially when you are new and have to look for things when it is dark outside. As I said before this may help the noob spawn killing issues now that they don't have guns, and who will kill you for a bandage and painkillers. I do think one thing that needs to be fixed before rolling new stuff out is the zombies path. The zigzagging of the zombies is horrible, and with a limited supply of ammo it makes it that much more of an issue. You usually have to wait to kill them when they are right next to you making spaghetti out of your intestines.

Then comes up the next part the zombies increased sight and detection. I think this is another great feature, as I am sure I can't get 7 feet to the walkers just by crouching. Heck, now I even don't have to worry about the trail of stinky buggers behind me, I have one word for you LEGS. I can now lose then guys as the human legs work much better than the zombies. Not sure if fences hold the zombies back enough to get away, or at least give you a gap between them. That would be another thing that would have to be tested, and if it worked would make the game more of a real life experience, I mean we all know zombies can get through a fence one way, knocking it over, they are usually to high on life to climb them. Anything to make the zombies harder is a plus in my book, when you watch zombie films, its not exactly easy for them to kill hordes, especially with limited ammo.

The Bandit Meter............... well lets just say this really isn't something we would have when the outbreak happens, and yes it is going to happen. I do think this is needed though, atleast until the game settles in and people understand the consequences of killing people. If getting gang-banged by 10 people, and left to die isn't enough to stop you... well you just have to much time on your hands. Melee will also be a great addition, although I'm not sure how this would work as Arma did not have melee combat to begin with. What will end up happening is you equip your axe like a gun and probably use the fire button and away it chops, but we will probably not see any movement of the axe in the beginning of this addition. Gender selection is ok........until the weirdos go around acting like girls, and the game turning into a big perv fest. Socom vets will tell you the female characters are the way to go, they are usually smaller, which in turn gives you the ability to hide around a corner better. Woohoo, finally Heinz stepped up the production of beans, now I won't be looking at the beans in the cupboard and thinking of trading them in for a gun.

Overall, there has never been a greater zombie game for the hardcore players than this. Every addition to the game so far has been to help bring the realness to the game. I am a huge zombie fan and never really expected to see or play anything like this. I just kind of accepted Left for Dead as the game I would play for the best experience, boy was I wrong. Not saying Left for Dead is bad, another great zombie game, its just not meant to be a simulator. I can compare it this way to you, DayZ it to left for dead as Arma is for Call of Duty, both are great games, just made for a different audience. I would have to say the one thing that limits me on playing this game is the one character, and the size of the map. The game is alot better to play with friends, but once you start playing without them it could take them several hours to get to where you are at, and really make the experience less fun.

That is my take on the game, If you haven't played this yet you need to. If you can't afford it or your PC won't run it atleast watch some clips of it online. I have a blast watching some of them on there.

igoMOTTZILLA
igoMOTTZILLA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by igoMOTTZILLA Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:46 pm

Wow that video is hilarious lol! .
igoMOTTZILLA
igoMOTTZILLA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by igoMOTTZILLA Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:25 am

Well, got my first vehicle today.... it was a boat. It was really small and slow, but it sure beat running down the road with 30 walkers behind me.
igoMOTTZILLA
igoMOTTZILLA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down