Iowa Gamers Online
Hello welcome to the Iowa Gamers Online forum, please register to become part of the community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Iowa Gamers Online
Hello welcome to the Iowa Gamers Online forum, please register to become part of the community.
Iowa Gamers Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blizzard Hacked!

3 posters

Go down

Blizzard Hacked! Empty Blizzard Hacked!

Post by igoDrMacro Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:54 pm

Post from Blizzard:
Players and Friends,

Even when you are in the business of fun, not every week ends up being fun. This week, our security team found an unauthorized and illegal access into our internal network here at Blizzard. We quickly took steps to close off this access and began working with law enforcement and security experts to investigate what happened.

At this time, we’ve found no evidence that financial information such as credit cards, billing addresses, or real names were compromised. Our investigation is ongoing, but so far nothing suggests that these pieces of information have been accessed.

Some data was illegally accessed, including a list of email addresses for global Battle.net users, outside of China. For players on North American servers (which generally includes players from North America, Latin America, Australia, New Zealand, and Southeast Asia) the answer to the personal security question, and information relating to Mobile and Dial-In Authenticators were also accessed. Based on what we currently know, this information alone is NOT enough for anyone to gain access to Battle.net accounts.

We also know that cryptographically scrambled versions of Battle.net passwords (not actual passwords) for players on North American servers were taken. We use Secure Remote Password protocol (SRP) to protect these passwords, which is designed to make it extremely difficult to extract the actual password, and also means that each password would have to be deciphered individually. As a precaution, however, we recommend that players on North American servers change their password. Please click this link to change your password. Moreover, if you have used the same or similar passwords for other purposes, you may want to consider changing those passwords as well.

In the coming days, we'll be prompting players on North American servers to change their secret questions and answers through an automated process. Additionally, we'll prompt mobile authenticator users to update their authenticator software. As a reminder, phishing emails will ask you for password or login information. Blizzard Entertainment emails will never ask for your password. We deeply regret the inconvenience to all of you and understand you may have questions. Please find additional information here.

We take the security of your personal information very seriously, and we are truly sorry that this has happened.

igoDrMacro
igoDrMacro
Admin

Back to top Go down

Blizzard Hacked! Empty Re: Blizzard Hacked!

Post by igoMOTTZILLA Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:37 am

As I mentioned before on the podcast, I believe if you haven't been in the media for breech of info, you are not a successful company. I am not saying that everyone should be hacked, it just seems like everyone is going after the big boys. Its almost as Internet security is making a full circle back to where it started. This time although its not the build of the security but users knowing to much about it. Unless things are in a fireproof box bolted down to a piece of titanium, with watch on it all times these things will continue to happen.
igoMOTTZILLA
igoMOTTZILLA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by igoStoozy Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:01 pm

It is becoming so common now hearing of things like this. I never was one to internet shop or put to much information on the web. Identity theft is huge now days. I guess if you think your information is safe out there because it is stored and protected by the big guys think again.
igoStoozy
igoStoozy

Back to top Go down

Post by igoDrMacro Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:41 pm

One thing to keep in mind, is they could potentially change your password so you lose access to your account. Also they could steal all the gear from your Diablo characters.
igoDrMacro
igoDrMacro
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by igoDrMacro Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:26 pm

I just watched what happens if you haven't changed your battle.net password and security question.
Keep in mind you must go to http://us.battle.net and change your security question as well as your password. I seen it happen just now. They log into your account, drop all the friends off your list, and then take anything worth taking from your guy, and then they are gone. All in less than 5 minutes.
igoDrMacro
igoDrMacro
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by igoMOTTZILLA Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:33 am

YEP!!!!! DONE WITH BLIZZARD.... NOT ONE EMAIL!!!! AT LEAST SONY WAS KIND ENOUGH TO SEND ME ONE.

igoMOTTZILLA
igoMOTTZILLA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by igoDrMacro Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:08 am

How much did they take?
igoDrMacro
igoDrMacro
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by igoMOTTZILLA Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:07 pm

You mean how much did they give? LOL
igoMOTTZILLA
igoMOTTZILLA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by igoDrMacro Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:37 pm

I am dumbfounded.
igoDrMacro
igoDrMacro
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down